Saturday, March 14, 2015

You know the movie 27 Dresses...


I saw this movie once. I liked it. It wasn't super funny, but not bad. 

But I will never forget the scene with the closet. Why? Because it looked like my closet (before the flood and before I got rid of 7 giant boxes and 3 full size garbage bags of clothes and shoes!)

So this scene, when she opens her closet that is overflowing, packed to the brim, full of these ridiculous dresses, I remember laughing for a very long time. Although my closet is full, I must point out, it doesn't have ugly dresses in it. :)




I have a problem with clothes, and that same problem has now been passed down to my children. My girls especially, since Jack boy gets hand me downs from my BFF, Sara, who equally has a shopping problem for her three boys! I have purchased, inherited, commandeered many clothes for them and their closets now resemble the one above. 

I planned on making a cute little book of my Jocelyn girl wearing her many dresses, to show her growth through her first year of life, week by week at church. We missed a few weeks due to "New Baby - Freaked Out Mom - Yucky Germs Everywhere Syndrome," family illnesses, homelessness (THE FREAKING FLOOD!!!!!), or being out of town. But, I did it. I got her picture each week (on that lovely brown Mother's Lounge Couch) that we were at church and I just love seeing how much she changed in just one year. And of course, I love all the dresses - and funnily enough, there weren't 27, but 28.  (Shows how much we missed church... oops!)

Baby Blessing Dress
So sad I didn't get a better picture of her beautiful dress that Grandma Joy made and so many little Westra granddaughters have worn, including Afton.

1st Easter Dress




























Side note: - Yes I realize that I am spoiled like the people of District 1. 


No comments:

Post a Comment